Format your import data correctly on your computer to prevent any errors when importing new assets.
Requirements for all import files
- The import file must be a .csv.
- Each column header should correspond to a property that exists for that asset to be properly imported.
- The tool will match the column header the corresponding property name where possible. Otherwise, you can manually map your column headers to the corresponding property name.
- You cannot add an asset with an existing ID in the system (Bulk editing capabilities coming soon!)
- If you are using Excel for Mac, make sure to save your CSV file in the format of "Windows Comma Separated (.csv)". Otherwise you may have trouble importing mac CSV files.
To Import Data
You are current able to import Outfalls, Structural BMPs, and Catch Basins. More functionality coming soon!!
- Download the appropriate template (below)
- Format your existing dataset using the template
- Save your dataset as a .csv
- Navigate to your name in the upper right-hand corner in the platform
- Select Import
- Select the layer you would like to import
- Drag & Drop or Browse for your .csv file
- If necessary, fix any errors and map any column headers to the correct fields
The import tool will generate error messages to indicate whether an entry is a conflict, invalid, ignored, or duplicate.
- A conflict is any entry that has an existing ID in the database. The import cannot be completed until these IDs are changed.
- A invalid is any entry that does not meet that field's formatting requirements (i.e. text in an integer field). The import cannot be completed until these IDs are changed.
- An entry is ignored when a non-required field does not meet that field's formatting requirements.
To Export Data
You are able to currently export data from swTELR, Structural BMPs, and Trash. To do so:
- Navigate to the module that you are interested in
- Click in the top banner
- Click Export Data
- Select the format (Excel or Shapefile) that you would like your export to be